Strategies, plans and policies
Strategies, plans and policies developed to provide direction and mechanisms to achieve a range of affordable housing option in the Clarence Valley
Affordable Housing Strategy
The Affordable Housing Strategy provides an opportunity for Clarence Valley Council to consider housing as an issue in a planned and orderly way thereby influencing the delivery of quality housing services and programs into the future.
Affordable Housing Policy
An Affordable Housing policy has been adopted by Council. The aim of the policy is to provide direction and mechanisms to achieve a range of affordable housing option in the Clarence Valley now and into the future as a our community grows and changes.
- Affordable Housing Assessment April 2010 (JSA 2010) (PDF 69Kb)
- Background Paper: Planning Mechanisms for Creation of Affordable Housing June 2009 (JSA 2009a) (PDF 400Kb)
- Draft Affordable Housing Policy June 2009 (JSA 2009B) (PDF 210Kb)
- Draft Planning Agreement Policy 2009 (JSA 2009C) (PDF 230Kb)
Adaptable Housing Guidelines
The Adaptable Housing Guidelines (PDF 1.4 Mb) contain principles and design features that relate to adaptable and flexible housing to meet the changing housing needs of the local community.
Adaptable housing is designed to be useable by people with changing physical needs, as people grow older or lose full mobility.
Flexible housing is designed to adapt to the changing needs of the household over time for example young couples may have children and need a more space or older people may find their home is too big for their needs when their children leave home.
For more information on how Council can implement the guidelines read the support reports.
- Adaptable Housing Guidelines - Options for Implementation Report Dec 2010 (PDF 1.7Mb)
- Background Report to the Adaptable Housing Guidelines (PDF 455Kb)
For more information on affordable housing, please contact Naydene Beaver, Community Development Officer (Affordable Housing) by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 6641 7207.