Get involved in youth events, advisory committees and workshops or just find out where your nearest skatepark is.
You can get involved in planning and running youth events such as National Youth Week and Out of the Box through Council’s Youth Advisory Committees.
- If you have a creative itch, look out for regular youth activities and events including film making, music production, clay animation, illustration, sculpture, fashion design and a whole lot more. https://www.facebook.com/eyeswideclarencevalley
- Got wheels? Council has skateparks in Yamba, Maclean, Wooli, Coutts Crossing and Copmanhurst.
- Give your opposable thumbs a workout at our dedicated youth website gherkin. Upload your creations or just check out what others have been up to.
Young people are important to us. In the 2011 National Census there were 6645 young people 10-19 years of age representing 13.3% of the total Clarence Valley population.
You might find the following links useful
- Got a great idea for an event? Check out indent grants.
- Celebrate all things youth! National Youth Week website.
- Need to find information about mental health? Visit Headspace website.
- Life can be tough when you are a teen, Kids Helpline listen!
We encourage you to get involved in the community through a range of activities including:
- Council's Youth Advisory Committee
- National Youth Week
- Local sports
- Local events
To get involved or for more information about community development for young people, please contact Sarah Ford, Community Development Officer (Youth and Children) by email email@example.com or phone (02) 6645 0002.