Make a payment

Water and land rates can be paid to Council by many methods.

Payment methods

BPay logoBPay

If your financial institution offers BPay, you can use the BPay system to pay your account by either the telephone or the internet. You should contact your financial institution or alternatively visit BPay website for more information.

When making a payment using BPay, you will be required to enter the biller code and reference number. These are shown next to the BPay logo on the front of your notice.

Remember that your Rates Notice has a different BPay reference number to your Water Notice.

Australia Post logoAustralia Post

In Person - at any Post Office
Pay your bills in one place, with just one payment - bills such as phone, gas, electricity, council rates and insurance premiums can be paid. You then receive a paper receipt for your own piece of mind. 

By Phone - call 13 18 16 

For the cost of a local call, POSTbillpay by phone gives you the convenience of paying bills from your home, workplace or even your mobile phone* - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The step-by-step process is quick and easy to use. You will also be given a receipt number as immediate confirmation of your transaction. 

* The cost of mobile calls will be charged at mobile phone rates

A credit card surcharge of 0.6% will apply to payments made using a credit card.

Australia Post logoAustralia Post Postbillpay website

Pay 24 hours a day, 7 days per week from the convenience of home or any other place with Internet access. Click on the above link to pay your account on-line now.

For a full list of the Terms and Condition of use of the POSTbillpay system, phone 13 18 16 or visit Australia Post Postbillpay website.

A credit card surcharge of 0.6% will apply to payments made using a credit card.

Detach the bottom of your notice and mail with your cheque or money order to: 

Clarence Valley Council
Locked Bag 23

Make sure that you allow ample mailing time to ensure that payment is received no later than the due date. Interest will accrue on late payments at the rate listed on the front of your notice. A receipt will only be issued if requested. 


Bring your notice into Council Offices at either: 

Grafton Office
2 Prince Street
Grafton NSW 2460
Maclean Office
50 River Street
Maclean NSW 2463 

Payment may be made by cash, cheque, credit card or EFTPOS. 

A credit card surcharge of 0.6% will apply to payments made using a credit card. 

For your convenience Council's cashier is open between the hours: 

Grafton - 8.30 am - 4.00 pm - Monday to Friday
Maclean - 8.30 am - 4.00 pm - Monday to Friday


Other Websites