Access to information and documents

There are now three ways in which you can access Council information: Open Access Information, Request for Information Form and Formal Access (GIPA Formal Access Request Form)

Open Access Information

Access to this information is freely available, much of it on this website - click here to access this information. Where it is not available on the website (because it would impose an unreasonable cost to Council to place it on its website), it is available on request at Council's offices at 2 Prince Street, Grafton and 50 River Street, Maclean. If copies of this information are required, a photocopying charge will apply.

Information Guide

The Information Guide is a mandatory document prescribed in the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 - GIPAA. It describes the structure and functions of Council, the various kinds of information Council holds and how the public can access the information.


Request for Information

Much Council information is available via this method free of charge excepting for photocopying if required.

Formal Access

This is a formal request to access Council information. The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA) legislation provides timeframes in which Council must respond to your request and, if you are dissatisfied with Council's response, you have a right of review. It also provides for application and processing fees. This method of access replaces the old Freedom of Information Act (FOI).

Enquiries to Organisation Performance & Governance Unit on (02) 66430 200.

The NSW Office of the Information Commissioner also provides advice on access to information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.

link to NSW Office of the Information Commissioner website

Click on this button to open the NSW Office of the Information Commissioner website


Other Websites