Development Applications advertised

The following development applications (DAs) currently on public exhibition.


How to make a comment on a Development Application (DA) 

Anyone may make a comment on a development application DA, particularly if you feel that you, your property or your locality may be affected by a proposed development. You do not need to make a comment if you have no concerns with the proposal. You should judge whether the proposal will affect you. This may involve some discussion with the Planner assessing the application. If you are satisfied, there is no need to make a comment.

Council’s procedure for notifying and /or advertising a DA to neighbouring properties and the wider community, including any need for advertising in the local newspaper, is covered under Part B14 of Council’s Development Control Plan/s.


Petitioning is one of the traditional forms by which the public can have their say on issues affecting them. Council will accept written petitions from persons that have a direct interest in the Clarence Valley Local Government Area, such as residents, landowners, and business owners. Any petition needs to comply with Council's Guidelines for petitions.

Changes to how your lodge Development Applications

From the 1 August 2020 you will be able to lodge the following types of applications via the NSW Planning portal 

  • Construction Certificates
  • Subdivision Certificates
  • Principal Certifier Appointment
  • Occupation Certificates

This is in addition to:

  • Development Applications (DA’s)
  • Complying Development Certificates
  • Section 4.55 Modifications
  • Division 8.2 Reviews
Other Websites