Development Applications and Certificates

Use the links below to find out how to lodge a development application with us. You can also make a comment on development applications, check the status of a development application and access basic property information.

From the 1 August 2020 you will be able to lodge the following types of applications via the NSW Planning portal

  • Construction Certificates
  • Subdivision Certificates
  • Principal Certifier Appointment
  • Occupation Certificates

This is in addition to:

  • Development Applications (DA’s)
  • Complying Development Certificates
  • Section 4.55 Modifications
  • Division 8.2 Reviews


Do i need a development approval?

Do I need development approval?

Learn more about our exempt developments 

Development application process

Development Application Process

Find out more about the DA process including high level steps in assessing a development application
Before i lodge a development application

Before lodging a development application

We provide assistance to applicants with lodging their development application to discuss key issues relevant to the assessment of a proposal

Lodge an application

Lodge an Application or Certificate

We are now accepting and processing development applications and certificates electronically. Prior to lodging refer to our DA information packs.

How to Apply for a Construction or Complying Development Certificate

DA Track It

DA Track it

Use our online tracking tool to track the progress of your development application and search approved applications. 

DA's advertised

DA's advertised

Have a look at the development applications we currently have on public exhibition


Need more Information?


Other Websites