Obtaining property information

Request for Certificates

Planning Certificates 10.7

A section 10.7 Planning Certificate was previously known as a Section 149 Certificate. The Certificate will provide you with information regarding the development potential of a parcel of land.  

A Section 10.7(2) certificate shows the zoning of the property, its relevant state, regional and local planning controls and other property constraints such as land contamination, level of flooding and bushfire prone land.

Section 10.7 (2) application

Drainage diagram

A drainage diagram shows the location of Council owned sewers. If Council does not have sewer infrastructure near the property then a letter of advice will be issued indicating this.

NOTE: Council sewer infrastructure shown in a drainage diagram does not always mean a property can be connected to
sewer. If a property can be connected to sewer it is charged sewer availability and this is disclosed on a certificate issued by Council under Section 603 of the Local Government Act 1993

Drainage diagram application

Outstanding Notice Certificate

An Outstanding Notice Certificate will inform a new buyer on the following matters: Whether or not Council has issued a Notice in relation to that property advising that an outstanding work or matter is required to be addressed.

Outstanding Notice Certificate

Section 603 Certificate

A Section 603 Certificate outlines any outstanding rates, charges and debts payable to Council in relation to a property. This certificate is often needed before a property settlement.

Section 603 application

Special Water Meter reading

This certificate provides information relating to the last account issued including arrears balance in addition it will provide current water usage up to the date the Special Water Meter reading application was received. This also provides meter number information and average daily usage.

Special water meter reading application


Request for Information

A Request for Information application can provide copies of older documents if held in Council’s Records database.

Examples of documents that may be available under a Request for Information application:

  • Development consent
  • Final occupation certificates
  • Onsite wastewater approval
  • Fire Safety Schedule (charges may apply)

So that you know, the GIPA Act doesn't provide any statutory timeframe by which informal requests must be decided within. Council does aim to complete requests within ten business days.

Request for Information

Access to Information and documents 


Use our online mapping tool

The following property information is available via our online mapping system.

  • Zoning
  • Property address
  • Legal Description (Lot, DP, DP etc)
  • Property Area
  • Flood information
  • Bushfire Prone land
  • Maximum building height if applicable
  • Acid Sulfate soils
  • Heritage Conservation area
  • Heritage Item

Using the mapping tool

Step 1. Once in the mapping system, click into the toolbar on the right hand side of the screen  that has Address search with a magnifying glass, type your property address . 

Step 2. A successful search will bring up the property on the mapping interface.  To print the associated property information select the word icon at the top left hand side of the screen. You will see a PDF icon on  the bottom of your screen click to open, on the top right hand corner of the screen is a printer icon select to print.

Online mapping tool

Disclaimer: The information contained within this ‘Mapping System’ is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Clarence Valley Council and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information contained within this ‘Mapping System’ for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.