We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our Live Chat feature. For enquiries, please contact our friendly customer service team on 02 6643 0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to raise concerns about fraud or corruption that involves or affects the Clarence Valley Council.
Use the below online form to report suspicions, concerns or allegations of fraud or corruption at the Clarence Valley Council
Anyone can make a report, including residents, visitors, employees and the public.
Dishonest activity causing actual or potential financial loss to any person or Council, including theft of moneys or other property or misuse of property/assets by employees or persons external to Council and where deception is used at the time, immediately before or immediately following the activity. This also includes the deliberate falsification, concealment, destruction or use of falsified documentation used or intended for use for a normal business purpose or the improper use of information or position for personal financial benefit.
Corruption includes but is not limited to:
- any conduct of any person (whether or not a public official) that adversely affects, or could adversely affect, either directly or indirectly, the honest or impartial exercise of official functions by any public official, any group or body of public officials or any public authority; or,
- any conduct of a public official that constitutes or involves the dishonest or partial exercise of any of his or her official functions; or,
- any conduct of a public official or former public official that constitutes or involves a breach of public trust; or,
- any conduct of a public official or former public official that involves the misuse of information or material that he or she has acquired in the course of his or her official functions, whether or not for his or her benefit or for the benefit of any other person.
• The form has a series of questions for you to complete and allows you to add attachments, for example photographs or documents.
• Please provide as much information as possible as this will assist us with the review of your report.
• Providing your personal details can assist us in reviewing your report should we need further information. However, you have the option to be anonymous.
• Any reports made in good faith will be treated with sensitivity.