Eligible ratepayers are entitled to receive up to:
- $250 on all ordinary rates and charges for domestic waste management services, and
- $87.50 off their annual water rates and charges (where the service is provided by council), and
- $87.50 off their annual sewerage rates and charges (where the service is provided by council).
To be eligible for a pension rebate, you must be liable for the rates and annual charges on a property. The property must be your sole principal place of residence and you must have a current pensioner concession card or Department of Veteran Affairs Gold card with Total Permanent Incapacity, Extreme Disablement Adjustment, or War Widow eligibility. If a new property is purchased, you'll need to reapply for the rebate with a pensioner concession card showing your new address.
About your payments
- If you start receiving a pension or pensioner concession card during a quarterly billing period and you meet the above conditions, you can claim a rebate from the start of the next quarterly billing period.
- If you cease to qualify as an eligible pensioner, or you sell the property in which you live, you will not be entitled to receive a rebate after the end of the quarterly billing period in which you ceased to be eligible.
- If you were granted a pensioner rebate in advance that you are no longer entitled to, it will be charged back to your rate account for the period relating to your ineligibility.
Apply for a pension rebate
If you are a ratepayer facing hardship or having financial difficulty meeting basic needs, or if you hold a Pension Concession Card, you may be eligible for a concession.
Apply for hardship rate relief