Commercial waste collection
Our commercial waste collection service is available to non-residential users including offices, shops and industrial premises.
Business owners in general CBD areas have the option for more frequent collections such as weekly recycling (yellow bin) and organics (green bin) pickups and twice weekly garbage (red bin) collections. In all other areas, garbage is collected fortnightly and recycling fortnightly in line with standard waste collection days.
Commercial bins are colour-coded and fitted with a microchip which allows the collection truck to record the identity of the business, along with the time and date of the collection. Businesses are sent quarterly tax invoices based on the number of times their bins were emptied that quarter, plus an availability charge.
Apply for a commercial waste collection service
Commercial waste service locations
What bins can I use?
Each business can select any combination and quantity of bins to best suit their individual requirements.
Red waste wheelie bin - (240 litre)
The red bin is for all garbage material which cannot be recycled or composted. This includes but is not limited to ceramics; polystyrene foam; vinyl and all forms of plastic bags and wrappers.
$7 per collection, plus availability charge of $7.50 per bin per quarter (incl. GST)
Yellow recycling wheelie bin (240 or 360 litre)
This bin is for the collection of paper and cardboard which includes newspapers, books, magazines, office stationery, junk mail, paper packing material or shredding. It is also for the collection of bottles, cans and hard plastics, aluminium cans and clean foil, steel cans, aerosol spray cans, dry paint tins, plastic containers, milk and juice cartons.
$5.90 per collection, plus availability charge of $7.50 per bin per quarter (incl. GST)
Green organics bin (240 litre)
The green FOGO (food organics garden organics) service collects all food and garden waste for composting.
$4.85 per collection, plus availability charge of $7.50 per bin per quarter (incl. GST)
Grafton Regional landfill is one of only a few landfills in the Northern Rivers that can lawfully accept your asbestos waste, and is the only place in the Clarence Valley that will do so. Asbestos will not be accepted at Waste Transfer Stations. It is illegal to dispose of asbestos waste in domestic garbage bins. It is also illegal to recycle, re-use, or illegally dump asbestos products.
Don’t risk a $5000 fine or prosecution, with penalties up to $1 million.
What you need to know
Asbestos disposal bookings
A booking for each load must be lodged with the Grafton Regional Landfill no later than 3pm on a weekday prior to proposed disposal day.
Notifications can be lodged by phone at Clarence Waste Solutions 02 6643 0888. Each booking must include the name, contact phone number, quantity of waste and expected time of arrival.
Landfill asbestos acceptance hours
Asbestos contaminated material will only be accepted from 8am-2pm Monday to Friday. Asbestos disposal will not be permitted on weekends or public holidays, and is subject to weather conditions.
Asbestos disposal fee
Safety and conditions of acceptance
- All asbestos contaminated material including sheeting and soil must be damped down and double wrapped and sealed with 200 micron plastic. The plastic wrapping must not rupture during the unloading process.
- Asbestos sheeting and similar must be wrapped in bundles weighing less that 200kg.
- When using tipping vehicles the maximum load of 200kg parcels is 4 tonne.
- Asbestos contaminated soil may be received in bulk loads subject to the tipping vehicle being lined and sealed with 2 layers of 200 micron plastic. The plastic wrapping must not rupture during the unloading process. Consideration should be given to the quantity of soil being wrapped to ensure that it can be unloaded without rupture.
- A Hi-Ab, crane or other suitable lifting device must be provided and used for unloading asbestos pipe produce with a diameter greater than 200mm and in lengths longer than 1.5 metres.
- Appropriate PPE safety equipment should be used during the removal and disposal process.
- When wetting down the water spray should be light enough to ensure no fibres are dislodged.
- Customers with asbestos in an unacceptable condition may be refused entry and the matter referred to SafeWork NSW.
- All asbestos remains the property of the owner until it is deposited in the hole.
- Grafton Regional Landfill does NOT provide an unloading service.
- The use of asbestos approved ‘hazi bags’ is a more effective handling system especially for larger quantities.
- The use of an outside layer of shade mesh will assist tipper loads of asbestos contaminated material from rupturing during the unloading process.
Asbestos testing kits
We are working in collaboration with North East Waste to offer Household Asbestos Disposal Kits to assist householders to safely and legally remove bonded asbestos in small home renovations (under 10m2 sheets of fibro).
These kits are available at our Maclean and Grafton offices at the subsidised price of $25 and include disposable masks, coveralls and shoe covers, gloves, duct tape, pva glue Pakaflex asbestos bags, drop sheet and safety glasses.