From July 2023, a smarter, more flexible annual bulky waste collection service will commence, replacing the old service for residents who received a weekly domestic waste service.
Most of your bulky waste will be sent to landfill (apart from fridges and whitegoods). If there is an option to reuse, recycle, repair, re-gift or rehome, please consider these options before your bulky waste collection.
Op shops may accept your clean, functioning items (other than electrical items and mattresses); or there are several online platforms for selling or rehoming including Clarence Valley Buy, Swap, Sell; Clarence Valley Waste Not Want Not; Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree.
✔ Items that will be accepted
- Household bulky waste too big for the red bin
- Broken furniture
- Whitegoods and scrap metal
- Mattresses and mattress bases
- Rugs, carpet, lino rolled into 1.5 metre lengths
✘ Items that will not be accepted
- Green waste
- Vehicle tyres
- Liquid waste
- Vehicle batteries
- Lithium batteries
- Industrial or building waste
- Gas bottles
- Items longer than 1.5 metres