Because we know just how important man’s best friend can be, you’ll find several dog-friendly areas across the Clarence Valley.
- Alumy Creek (between Mary and Turf St), Grafton
- Corcoran Park, Grafton
- Pioneer Park, Grafton
- The Plantation Reserve, South Grafton
- Rushforth Park car park area
- Trenayr Rd, Junction Hill
- Small Park, Ulmarra
- Centenary Community Reserve, Wooli
- Hiawatha Rd. Minnie Water
- McIntosh Memorial Park, Coutts Crossing
- Caramana Park, Waterview Heights
- Green Point, Angourie (grassed area to north of carpark)
- Wherrett Park, Maclean
- Iluka Beach (north of the carpark and 4WD access)
- Pippi Beach (south of Dolphin Park)
- Wattle Park, Yamba
- Brooms Head Beach (north of Lake Cakora)
- Victoria Park, Tucabia
- Sporting grounds, as long as they’re not being used for approved games, club or school competitions, training or an event (unless otherwise designated).
- Parks, reserves, sports fields and streets that do not display the Dogs Prohibited symbol.
- Beaches that do not display the Dogs Prohibited symbol. They include: (excluding areas within surf lifesaving flags) Minnie Water Main Beach, Wooli Main Beach, Green Point Cove, Moriarty's Wall Beach Iluka, Brooms Head Back Beach, Diggers Camp Beach and Whiting Beach Yamba - (access track at the western end of the Hickey Island carpark, with the on-leash area extending west, to the navigation marker).
Corcoran Park Dog Park
A new specialised dog park is being developed at Corcoran Park, Grafton.
The new park will include:
- Gravel road and concrete parking bays
- Double gate access
- Separate quiet and active dog areas
- Natural and built shade structures
- Digging pit
- Natural play area with logs, rocks and hardy plants
- Connection pathways
- Water bubblers with a dog bowl
- Bins and dog bag dispensers
- Dog agility equipment
- A combination of granitic sand and grass surfaces
The $982,000 upgrade is funded by the State and Federal governments through the Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Fund. It is estimated to be completed by August 2023.
Dog prohibited areas
- Main Beach, Yamba
- Convent Beach, Yamba
- Pippi Beach (northern end), Yamba
- Brooms Head Beach (south of 4WD track)
- Iluka Beach (south of 4WD track)
- Sandon Beach
- Minnie Water Back Beach
- North Wooli Beach
All dogs, including companion animals, are prohibited from:
- Within 10 metres of children's playground equipment
- Within 10 metres of food preparation areas such as public barbecues and kiosks
- Sports fields, ovals and courts (during the playing of organised sport)
- Public bathing areas
- School grounds, unless allowed by the principal
- Childcare centres unless allowed by the director
- Shopping areas without permission
The Solitary Islands Marine Park Zoning Plan prohibits companion animals on the following beaches: Sandon Beach, Minnie Water Back Beach, North Wooli Beach (adjacent to Yuraygir National Park).
Keep it clean
Please dispose of waste properly to ensure you leave no trace of your dog’s visit while exploring our beautiful region.