Flexible work arrangements
Our flexible work arrangements aim to improve the organisation’s performance and service levels whilst ensuring a balance between work and personal commitments for employees.
Due to the wide variety of services we provide, the majority of operational staff have access to a fortnightly rostered day off (RDO) whilst administrative staff are eligible to access flex-time.
Learning and development opportunities
Investing in the capabilities of staff is critical to the future success of our organisation. As an employee, you will have access to a variety of learning and development opportunities designed to build upon your knowledge and expertise, including:
- leadership programs
- mentoring and coaching
- on-the-job training
- skill development
- education and training assistance
- exam and study leave
- internal secondment opportunities; and
- flexible learning solutions.
Work health and safety
At Clarence Valley Council, we strive for a zero-harm workplace and a culture focussing on health and safety across the organisation. We’re committed to developing:
- safety leadership at all levels
- consultation and communication mechanisms
- risk management processes
- promotion of a safety culture
- injury management and return to work programs.
Health and wellbeing
We offer a number of health and wellbeing initiatives including:
- attendance at health information sessions
- ergonomic workstation assessments
- health monitoring programs; and
- professional counselling through our Employee Assistance Program.