Request a building inspection

If you've appointed us as the Principal Certifier (PC) for your development, then you need to arrange for our building surveyors to carry out mandatory progress inspections. You can also book a plumbing and drainage inspection, swimming pool Certificate of Compliance or a re-inspection for a building certificate. 

Booking an inspection

Inspections can be booked online and will be accepted up until midnight of the day prior to the inspection. Inspections are generally carried out after 11.30am Monday to Friday. No inspections are carried out on weekends, public holidays or during the Christmas/New Year shutdown period.

Before the inspection, know that: 

  • all work must be completed to the required stage at the time of the inspection, or we may charge a re-inspection fee
  • you do not need to be present but access must be available to the area to be inspected
  • dogs must be restrained
  • inspections may be carried out at any time of the day.


If you are not on site at the time of the inspection we'll call you with the result. If an inspection is failed we'll let you know why, and it will be your responsibility to arrange for a re-inspection once the problem has been fixed. An inspection report will also be emailed to you.

Postponing an inspection

Call us on 6643 0294 to cancel an inspection.

Final inspection

When all building work associated with the development has been completed, you'll need to arrange a final inspection before the building can be used or occupied.  If the Construction Certificate (CC), or Complying Development Certificate (CDC) was lodged on the NSW Planning Portal (ie: CC/CDC lodged from 1 July 2021) an Occupation certificate (OC) will need to be applied for on the Planning Portal before Council will undertake a final inspection.  All requested trade certificates are to be uploaded in one PDF document with the OC application. Once the work has been inspected and passed, an Occupation Certificate will be issued. It is an offence to occupy a building without first obtaining an Occupation Certificate.(Minimum penalty  $1,500)