Audit, Risk and Improvement (ARIC) Committee
The objective of this committee is to provide independent assurance, oversight, and assistance to Council on risk management, control, governance, internal audit, organisational performance and external responsibilities in an advisory capacity.
The main role of the committee is to review and provide independent advice to the general manager and council on:
- Whether the council is complying with all necessary legislation, regulations and other legal requirements
- The adequacy and effectiveness of the council’s risk management framework, fraud and corruption prevention activities, financial management processes, and the council’s financial position and performance
- The council’s governance arrangements
- The achievement by the council of the goals set out in the council’s community strategic plan, delivery program, operational plan and other strategies
- How the council delivers local services and how it could improve the performance of its functions more generally
- The collection of performance measurement data by the council, and
- Any other matters prescribed by the Local Government Regulation (including internal audit).
The Committee meets four times throughout the year (additional extra-ordinary meetings may be called from time to time) and consists of three independent members and a councillor.
Neville Parsons - Chair
Phone: 0418 653 945
Barry Ford - Committee Member
Phone: 0418 893 179
Christine Tyler - Committee Member
Phone: 0402 280 388
Cr Peter Johnstone - Councillor
Phone: 0427 454 474