How we're prepared
The best way to reduce the impact of a natural disaster is through preparation. As a council, we've invested in several projects to ensure the Clarence Valley is adequately prepared in the event of a flood or fire.
- Emergency aircraft access improvements: We're investing in improving capacity for emergency aircraft to use Grafton Regional Airport.
- Community hall upgrades: We're investing $300,000 in infrastructure upgrades to improve the resilience of the Clarence Valley's community halls and their ability to withstand bushfire.
- Recovery and resilience team: We've compile a dedicated team to working on better planning for future emergencies, promote resilience in our communities and assist with ongoing recovery efforts and rebuilds.
- Disaster Dashboard: The Clarence Valley Disaster Dashboard has been created to provide real-time information about disasters in our area.
- #GetReadyClarenceValley: We've researched the overall level of preparedness for disaster events in our community, and are ensuring our communities have the tools and knowledge they need to Get Ready for future emergencies.